Tuesday 4 September 2012

Pink: "My marriage is never perfect"

My marriage is "never going to be perfect" admitted by Pink.

The singer explained Billboard magazine that she and her husband, motorcross rider Carey Hart, joke about their tumultuous relationship.

"I'm in a relationship that I've been in for 10 years and it's never going to be perfect," said Pink. "Carey always jokes, 'You're always just mad enough at me to write a song' [and I reply] 'Yep. Thanks, baby, you're my muse'."

The 'So What' star also said that critics often wrongly assume her songs are rooted in present events.

"I was calling [my new album] an experiment until it wasn't an experiment," she revealed. "I had 40 songs and it worked out. I'm like a faucet - there's nothing going on in my head when I'm [switched] off. I write in a journal and that's it. But that first day in the studio just opened up the faucet.

"It's funny. I wrote 'Family Portrait' when I was 21 and my parents divorced when I was 9, so I tend to hold on to things. I'm still exorcising some of those demons."
 
When asked about her decision to omit her earlier singles from tour setlists and her greatest hits compilation, Pink explained that they simply didn't fit in with her more recent material.

"[They're] a huge part of where I am now," she said. "It's funny - my best friend, he's always like, "When are you going to do 'Hiccup'? Can we get some 'Most Girls'?" I try so hard to fit them into my shows and they just don't end up making any sense to me somehow.

"For this last tour I had this whole salsa number to 'There You Go' and it was going to be so beautiful but it just didn't fit in. [I guess] I haven't yet faced my fear of my first record."

Pink was recently joined on stage by Lily Allen as they performed a duet for VH1 Storytellers. Pink's new album The Truth About Love is due to be released in the UK on September 17 and in the US on September 18. The lead single from the album, 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)', is out now

No comments: